If you have small children, or cats, your tree probably looks like ours and has nothing on the bottom half. Here are ornaments that are kid friendly, for that bottom half, and break resistant, for those persistent cats.
Ornament 3: Santa Hat
- Popsicle sticks
- Red Paint
- Paint Brush
- Cotton balls or White Pom-poms
- String for hanging (optional)
- Paint the popsicle sticks red and let dry. The wood sucks the paint up fairly quickly so by the time you finish the first coat you should be able to apply a second for better coverage.
- Glue stick together to form a triangle. You can use hot glue for a quicker dry time, but white craft glue holds just fine and won’t take terribly long to set.
- Once dry, put glue along one side of the triangle to be the bottom of the hat and then add cotton balls (or pom-poms). Glue one more to the top point.
- You can glue a piece of string to the back of the hat to hang or just place it over a branch as is!