If you have small children, or cats, your tree probably looks like ours and has nothing on the bottom half. Here are ornaments that are kid friendly, for that bottom half, and break resistant, for those persistent cats.
Ornament 4: Stocking Hat
- Toilet Paper Roll
- Cotton balls, batting, or tissue
1. Flatten the toilet paper roll and cut a ring about 3/4″ wide.
2. Cut about three dozen strands of yarn approximately 10 inches long.
3. Fold each strand of yarn in half. Pass the folded end through the center of the toilet paper ring then pass the loose ends through the fold. Make sure the strand are pulled tight and pushed together as you add to the ring.
4. When done adding to the ring, take the loose ends of yarn and pass them through the center of the toilet paper ring.
5. Gather all the strands together and tie them with a piece of yarn toward the top.
6. Add batting, a cotton ball or facial tissue to the inside of the hat to help it hold its shape.
7. Trim the top above where you tied so they resemble a pompom.
8. Tie another string around the top of the hat and then double knot the ends together to make a hanger.