May the 4th is tomorrow! And you know what that means? Star Wars day! Are you ready? We are huge Star Wars fans and look forward to this fun holiday every year! Just in case you’re looking for some inspiration, here are some ideas of fun ways you can celebrate your love of a galaxy far, far away as a family. May the Fourth be with you!
Personally I think dressing up for a special occasions such as this is what makes it so fun! Go full out in costume or wear something simple from your closet. Whether you decide to wear your favorite Star Wars t-shirt or full stormtrooper gear; it is all completely acceptable. Don’t have anything laying around the house? That’s okay, you can make Yoda Ears or your own light saber.
We couldn’t be more happy with our decision to purchase Disney Plus. Which allows us to watch all things Star Wars; LEGO Star Wars, Clone Wars, Free Maker Adventures, Rebels, The Mandalorian and all nine live action movies including the original trilogy. I want to note that all three of the original trilogies are PG, if you are looking for a family friendly movie. Not to mention on May 4th Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker will debut on Disney Plus! I’m also excited that on May 4th Disney will also debut its new documentary series Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian.
COOK UP SOMETHING COOL
There’s no better way to celebrate than with food! Start the day off right with a Star Wars breakfast. We were inspired to make Chewbacca hashbrowns and Death Star omelets; which were more awesome than anything ever seen in this galaxy (or any other galaxies far, far away).
We made these Storm Trooper cupcakes last year for my sons birthday; they were simple and easy to make. For more ideas on cooking up a galactic smorgasborg of Star Wars-themed recipes at www.starwars.com! From Yoda pancakes to Fruit Tie Fighters, you are sure to find something your little Padawan will enjoy. I hope add pictures of the baby Yoda cookies and Carbonite jello we make.
Build a Rebel fort (blanket tent) and cozy up to a good book. You can even make a glow stick light saber to light up your story time. Our favorite Star Wars books are: Star Wars ABC- 3PO, Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, Goodnight Darth Vader, Darth Vader and Son and Vader’s Little Princess.
STAR WAR ACTIVITIES
The sky is the limit when it comes to a plethora of Star Wars crafts available on Pinterest. Here are some ideas to keep busy May 4th and all year long.
- Printable Star Wars Math Pages for Kids.
- Have a Star Wars LEGO competition with these Star Wars LEGO challenges.
- Train to be a Jedi with Star War Yoga.
- Make the cutest craft ever with this Baby Yoda TP Roll Craft.
- Grab the crayons and make a crayon resist Death Star to decorate the house.
- Make Play Trains’ mini light sabers for kids to use with their stuffed animals.
- Use egg cartons to make Royal Little Lambs’ Star Wars Angry Birds craft.
- Let the kids pretend to be Yoda with a simple paper plate craft from Coffee Cups and Crayons.
- Paint Lemon Lime Adventures’ Star Wars flowerpots for the back porch.
- Work on early literacy skills with a free Star Wars printable pack from 3 Dinosaurs.
- Use Star Wars themed word-picture matching cards to explore language like Carrots Are Orange.
- Grab some mini-figures for Star Wars LEGO math from Inspiration Laboratories.
- Grab some mini light sabers and set up math equations like Carrots Are Orange did for her Star Wars loving boys.
- Work on letter formation with JDaniel4’s Mom’s Star Wars printables.
- Make molten lava slime the kids can use to reenact Obi-Wan and Anakin’s duel on Mustafar.
- Free Han Solo and his Star Wars pals from “carbonite” using chemical reactions.
- Put together an X-Wing and Death Star sensory small world for the kids to play in.
- Make light up cards for May 4th like Left Brain Craft Brain did.
- Construct C3PO and R2D2 out of LEGO bricks following Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls’ instructions.
- Break out the Star Wars play dough kit like Mama Papa Bubba.
Doesn’t matter if you are young or old there is something fun for everyone!