I can’t believe that summer break is over and the first day of school is upon us! Where has the time gone? I guess time flies when you are having fun. Not only has the summer gone by fast but it seems like my baby’s grew up over night. In fact they aren’t baby’s anymore at all and are starting there first day of school this week. Since kids grow so much within a short time span, I thought it would be a great idea to honor and celebrate their growth by making a back to school time capsule with my boys this year. It’s a great way to capture how they have grown physically, emotionally and socially too.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Mason Jar
- Construction Paper
- First Day of School Photo
- Time Capsule Worksheet BACK TO SCHOOL TIME CAPSULE PRINTOFF
HOW TO BUILD YOUR TIME CAPSULE
- Take a picture of your child on their first day of school and print.
- Trace and cut out an outline of their hand to represent their hand size at the beginning of the year.
- Using a piece of string, measure their height and cut the string to show their height at the start of school.
- Completed the BACK TO SCHOOL TIME CAPSULE PRINTOFF that asks about their favorite things.
- Next put all the items into your time capsule (mason jar or box.) Feel free to decorate it for extra fun.
- Hide the time capsule away until the last day of school than have fun reopening and comparing their earlier height and likes with now.
From our family to yours… have a great first day back to school!!!