There’s no better way to spend a hot summers day than a dip in a pool! The Chesapeake Beach Water Park is the perfect family-friendly spot to cool off. Be prepared to have fun on the many slides and lazy river or even relax under a water fall or your own private cabana.
I love that Chesapeake Beach is smaller than a theme park yet has enough activities for all ages to keep you entertained for an entire day trip. We went on a weekday and felt like the park was busy yet not overwhelmingly crowded. Unlike most water parks, there weren’t long lines for the slides or other attractions.
SLIDES FOR LITTLE’S
Both my 2 year old and 4 year old sons were able to go on all five of the smaller slides: Clam, frog, pirate ship, shell and yellow mountain slide. They provided a safe thrill perfect for there age. I really enjoyed the yellow slide because we could go down together; either side by side or on my lap.
SLIDES FOR OVER 48″
There are two big slides that are for those 48″ or taller. The blue tunnel slide is for riding down on your back. The white slide you can go down on a double or single inner-tube. We had a few friends in our party that were old enough to test out the big slides and said they were awesome!
My personal favorite was the lazy river. I enjoyed sitting back to relax and enjoy a slow ride that offers a tour of the water park.
LITTLE WHALE WATER
There is a awesome section for toddlers located near the front of the park. This includes a zero depth entry to a shallow pool area and fun water features. It’s great that the park provides something for all ages.
There are lockers, changing rooms and concessions on site. Small, medium or large lockers can be rented for $5-$15 depending on what size you need. The changing rooms have toilets, sinks and showers. Keep in mind that no outside food or beverage (other than water bottles) are allowed in the park. That being said there is a onsite grill with lots of kid-friendly options and a ice cream stand if you need a sweet treat to cool you off.
- We arrived when the park opened and there was a line to get in. Luckily, the only line we had to deal with the entire day. I suggest getting there 30 minutes earlier than opening time (especially if you want a chair) or waiting 30 minutes after opening to avoid the line.
- To save money consider packing a lunch, there are shaded picnic pavilions right outside the park. We left our cooler in the car and when we were hungry left to eat and came back to play some more.
- Look for a deal, you can get discounted tickets on Certifkid Link or Groupon Link for $13 now through September 4, 2017.
- Don’t forget to pack your essentials; SUNSCREEN, goggles, swim diapers, etc. However, if you for get something there is a store that sales these items. They had some adorable swim suits 50% when were there.
- If you have coast guard approved swimmies like Puddle Jumpers bring them. They are great. You can also borrow one if needed for the park.
Address: 4079 Gordon Stinnett Ave., Chesapeake Beach, MD
Hours: Monday: 11 a.m.-6 p.m., and Tuesday-Sunday: 11 a.m.- 7 p.m. Night slides are open Fridays 7:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. July 7-August 11, 2017 (Additional fee applies.)
Cost: Chesapeake Beach residents: adults (48 inches or taller) $10, children (under 48 inches) $9. Calvert County residents: adults (48 inches or taller) $12, children (under 48”) $10. General public: adults (48” or taller) $21, children (under 48”) $19.
Ticket prices vary. Chesapeake Beach and Calvert County residents paying reduced admission. 10% off daily admission for seniors and military. Every Tuesday, grandparents get in for free with a paid admission of a grandchild. Chesapeake Beach residents get in for half-price all day and free 4-7 p.m. Season passes are also available and come with great perks.
Win a family four pass to Chesapeake Beach Water Park. Facebook contest open Tuesday July 18-Sunday July 23, 2017 12 PM. Contest Rules:
- Must be a Playful Parent follower to win.
- Like and share the post to help spread the word.
- Comment your favorite summer song for at the beach/pool.
- A winner will be drawn via lottery July 23, 2017 at 12 PM.
- This contest is not affiliated with Facebook.
***Thank you Chesapeake Beach Water Park for inviting The Playful Parent to your park. The Playful Parent was not paid to promote Chesapeake Beach Water Park; this article was written based on a non-bias opinion to help families plan fun outings.***