HOMEMADE SIDEWALK CHALK PAINT
Our family plays with sidewalk chalk on a daily basis. It’s a great activity that allows young ones to use their imagination to make colorful creations. I wanted to try something a little different than traditional sidewalk chalk; so this weeks Homemade Monday project is a simple yet fun recipe for sidewalk chalk paint!
This is a great recipe because it’s super easy to make and uses only three basic ingredients that are found in most kitchens. I was able to mix up an assortment of colors in a jiffy.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1 1/2 Cups Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Cold Water
- Food Dyes (I used Wilton Gel)
- Container for paints (I used reusable silicon muffin cups)
- Stirring Utensil (I used popsicle sticks)
- Paint Brushes
- Pour 1 1/2 cups cornstarch into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup cold water and mix well until the cornstarch is completely dissolved. Cornstarch can be finicky so be sure to incorperate until mixture drizzles from stirring utensil.
- Pour about a 1/4 cup into each container.
- Add food coloring and stir well until color is even.
- Enjoy creating your master piece.