May the 4th be with you! I was excited that our homeschooling lesson plan letter of the week happens to be “V” which is perfect timing for Star Wars Day. To make the day extra fun, we had some special Star Wars treats. In honor of May 4th we indulged in Chewie Treats (Teddygrams) and Lightsaber Popsicles (Ice pops with sleeves) while reading Darth Vader and Son.
LIGHTSABER ICE POP COZIES
These lightsaber holders are the perfect way to keep little ones hands cozy while they munch on icepops. They are super fun and easy to make. The perfect craft for the warm weather coming up.
What you will need
- Grey, black, red and green felt
- Fabric scissors
- Hot glue gun/glue sticks
- I cut my grey felt rectangles 2 1/2 inches by 5 inches. Remember measure twice, cut once. I cheated and used my craft cutter to get perfect edges.
- Fold your felt in half so that it is longer than wider. Pull back the right side and line with hot glue, than press down firmly to secure. Repeat for the left side. You should now have a pocket that fits your ice pop. (If you are having little ones help or are accident prone, you could use fabric glue instead since the glue gun gets very hot!)
- Next comes adding the decorative pieces. I cut small red, blue and green felt circles and black strips to make them look like lightsabers.
- Slip your pop into the sleeve and enjoy!