Today, June 10th the Town of La Plata just announced that they opened up the Spray Pad for the 2021 season. Many parents were waiting and hoping for it to re-open after a long year of parenting with limited resources.
The Splash Pad is one of our favorite places to cool off from the heat. Located behind the Town Hall in downtown La Plata, Maryland is where you will find this little gem. This free resource is available to the community every day of the week June through September 10 AM to 9 PM. If you live near by you can walk or if you need to drive, you can use the side street parking or park in the back parking lot of the Town Hall – 305 Queen Anne St, La Plata, MD 20646.
HOW IT WORKS
To activate the water, walk over to the metal box and push the orange button. The kids can splish and splash for about ten minutes than the water will stop spraying. If you want to stay longer just push the button again for more fun!
PLAYFUL PARENT TIPS
- Morning hours seem to be the least crowded.
- When no one else is there we like to bring buckets for filling and small cars to bring through the car wash.
- There is limited shade, so be sure to put on sun screen.
- There is a bathroom located on site.
- The picnic tables have been removed this year, so if you’d like to picnic bring a blanket.
- Bring a small cooler with beverages or snacks to stay hydrated.
***Thank Town of La Plata for providing this awesome feature for local families. The Playful Parent is 501(c)(3) non-profit that advocates learning through play and promotes family bonding. All photographs and information are intellectual property of TPP.***