It’s a magical summer at Annmarie Sculpture Garden this year! Everyone’s favorite events (Fairy & Gnome Home Festival, Insectival and Green Life Festival) have all been combined into one special program. This summer’s event, Enchanted Summer at the Garden running June 12, 2020 through September 7, 2020; provides the perfect outdoor activity for people of all ages that is both safe and engaging. The garden has been transformed into an enchanted forest full of surprises. Elements of fairies, insects and flowers can be discovered and explored through low-touch/no touch activity stations and multi-media experiences as your frolic through the forest. The Playful Parent has put together a guide to help navigate this option for family fun this summer.
SAFE SUMMER OUTING
In light of COVID-19, Annmarie Gardens has come up with a creative and safe way for patrons to enjoy the Garden. If you have never been before, this outdoor garden features a quarter mile paved walking path that winds through the woods past both permanent and temporary sculptures. Just so you know what to expect, the sculpture walk and trails are open. Fairy Lolly opened back up on Friday June 12th! (Bring chairs the ones usually provided aren’t out for patron’s safety.) Currently, only 10 are permitted in Fairy Lolly at a time. Check in at the front to enter the play ground. Masks are encouraged, but not required. Guests are asked to practice social distancing by maintaining at least 6 feet from other family groups while on the path. During operating hours, you will find a staff member on duty at the entrance to the trail to answer questions and provide information about the program.
The arts building just opened to the public. You must enter through the front and exit at the back. Masks are required and gallery is limited to certain number of patrons at a time. The gallery features Garden theme paintings on the first level and the upstairs gallery is for a mature audience featuring women’s topics. There is a children’s section featuring agriculture and bee farming.
ACTIVITIES TO EXPLORE
There is one thing that is always certain… Annmarie always has the most creative and fun ideas for entertaining little’s. If you are used to their popular events being the best ever; you will find that Enchanted Summer won’t disappoint. With over 50 fairy homes to find, fun crafts to create and engaging activities to be completed you are sure to be entertained. Activities include:
- Find 50 fairy houses hidden in the forest. Check out the downloadable map!Chesapeake Mermaid, and bubble artist Jennifer Shannon.
- Annmarie Gardens is following a pay what you can with a suggested donation of $7 per car. You can make your donation before, during or after your visit by clicking on this LINK or by scanning the bar code found at the welcome booth.
- Don’t forget to grab your sun screen and bug spray. Luckily the path is very shaded and is ideal for an outdoor activity that won’t make you feel over heated.
- Bring along a picnic lunch (be mindful not to leave behind trash!) There are plenty of grassy spots to unwind and sit back to enjoy a snack or soak in some sun.
- The trail is stroller friendly, wagon safe and fully handicap accessible.
- I recommend going on a week day; the day we went wasn’t crowded at all!
- Bathrooms can be located in the Studio School Building. Found on the opposite end of the parking lot from the path.
Date: June 12, 2020 – September 7, 2020
Time: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Cost: Suggested donation $7 per car (Follow LINK to Donate today)