Lancaster Pennsylvania is our families favorite vacation spot. It’s great to have a getaway location that is within a two hour drive from Southern Maryland that offers so much. From outstanding hotels, to delicious food, and the warm hospitality of a quaint town, to unlimited fun…Lancaster really is the perfect place for families to visit. Today I want to highlight our favorite hotel, The DoubleTree Resort Lancaster . This hotel has been Playful Parent tested and approved! Here are the top three reasons we always stay at this awesome hotel when visiting Lancaster County.
YOUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME
What I love most about the DoubleTree Resort Lancaster is that it feels like your home away from home. The staff are friendly and accommodating and have always made us feel welcome. Our family has stayed at the hotel a number of times and one thing I noticed is that they are willing to go above and beyond to make families comfortable. For an example, when traveling with friends they made sure we were close to each other even though the hotel was booked. It may sound silly but one of things we look forward to most, are the fresh baked cookies. When you check in you are welcomed with a friendly smile and warm chocolate chip cookies. There’s something comforting about fresh baked cookies that make you feel right at home.
Having a luxurious room is something it seems like you usually have to give up when staying at a family friendly hotel. However, that is not the case at the DoubleTree. The recently updated rooms are absolutely luxurious with modern and classy look. Just this May the entire hotel got a renovation with fresh paint, updated wallpaper and new carpet. Even the rooms were remodeled with new furniture, fixtures, carpet and linens. The rooms are spacious and have everything you need; from comfortable beds, to a mini fridge, it’s all there. Housekeeping and customer service are first class; our room is always kept spotless. The views out the window are also spectacular.
INDOOR WATER PARK & ACCOMMODATIONS
My kids love staying at this hotel because of the awesome indoor pool, it’s like staying at a hotel with a water park. There are two pools in the spa area; one large lap pool and then a children’s pool with a no drop entry. There is a larger slide for children over 46 inches and a smaller frog slide for the little ones. There are also fun water features such as buckets of water that pour over your head, rainbow fountain and splash area. A life guard is always on duty.
There are bathrooms right outside the fitness center which are very convenient. There is also an Arcade and outdoor play ground. In addition the hotel offers scheduled activities like family movie nights, ice cream socials, family bingo, snow cones, and crafts for kids. DoubleTree is dedicated to making sure your vacation is entertaining. The best part is all the extras are included with your hotel stay.
DoubleTree Resort Lancaster
2400 Willow Street Pike, Lancaster, PA 17602
- If you get anything from this article…do not forget your bathing suits!
- Little ones are welcome to wear water safety gear, we always bring their puddle jumpers and goggles.
- Bring along a few quarters for the arcade.
- Check the schedule when you arrive so you know what extra activities are available during your stay.
- Take advantage of the Hilton Honors benefits. They have a great breakfast special. It was only $10 per person for breakfast and kids under five eat free!
- If you are ever looking for a location for a wedding or family reunion this would be the perfect spot. The banquet hall is gorgeous.
- A huge perk is that the hotel is centrally located to great restaurants and attractions. We stay at this hotel when visiting Steam Into History, Hershey Park, Strasburg Railroad and more. Our favorite restaurant in the area is The Speckled Hen! Be sure to check out the summer in Strasburg guide for ideas on fun things to do!
***Thank you DoubelTree Resort Lancaster for inviting us to stay at your hotel! All information provided in this article is my own non-biased opinion. The Playful Parent was not paid to write this article; this vacationing guide was created to help families plan trips that promote learning through play and family bonding.***