If you have small children, or cats, your tree probably looks like ours and has nothing on the bottom half. Here are ornaments that are kid friendly, for that bottom half, and break resistant, for those persistent cats.
Ornament 8: Coffee Filter Bulb
- Coffee Filter
- Tin Foil
- Spray Bottle
- Wax Paper
- Craft Glue
- Puff Paint (optional)
- Cut the bottom circle of the coffee filter out. You can use the whole coffee filter if you want a big ornament or window decoration.
- Color the coffee filter. When you are finished coloring place on wax paper and spray lightly with water. Let dry completely. (Note: Wax paper is not waterproof and excess water will seep through.)
- Fold a piece of tin foil into a rectangle to be the top of the ornament. The more times you fold it together, the thicker and stronger it will be.
- Fold another piece of tin foil into a long thin strip to be the hook. You can also use ribbon for this part.
- Cut a small slit in the center of the ornament top. Slide the hook piece (or ribbon) through and glue to one side.
- When everything is dry, place glue on both insides of the top and sandwich the coffee filter between.
- You can use puff paint to write on the ornaments for extra holiday cheer. (We tried using the craft glue just to experiment but it dries clear, of course.)