INSPECT AND ENJOY
- No eating candy until it has been inspected at home- Make a clear rule that they may not eat any candy until you get home and you can inspect their collection. Tip: As my kids collect their candy in a bucket, they will dump it into a large bag through out the night that I hold.
- Inspect the candy collection as soon as you get home- The following items and candies should be on your radar:
- Lumpy, loose, torn, punctured, or discolored wrappers
- Candy that is not in its original packaging or looks to have been tampered with
- Homemade treats from strangers
- Candy that has expired
- If you sincerely feel uneasy about the candy your child received, get rid of their loot and replace it with prebought backup candy.
- Remove choking hazards- This is all depending on your child’s age. For younger children, remove candies that are too small, chewy or hard . Example: bubble gum, Tootsie Rolls, and jawbreaker.
- Always report suspicious sugars to the police. Report anything hazardous immediately to your local police department.
JIMMY KIMMEL CHALLENGE
This one is more for those families that love a good prank. For the past eight years, Jim Kimmel has asked parents to pretend they ate all their kids’ Halloween Candy and post video of it to YouTube. To participate in the 7th annual you You Tube Challenge #Hey Jimmy Kimmel I Told My Kids I Ate All Their Halloween Candy.
THE DISAPPEARING ACT
DONATE YOUR CANDY
If you have way more candy than your little ones need than a great option is to donate your candy. The following locations are places hosting events or drop offs in the Southern Maryland area. Your family can bring joy to others through a give-back or buy-back candy program that delivers the sweets to the troops over seas. Always call the site first to make sure that they are participating. For more information about the program visit Halloween Buy Back or Operation Gratitude.
Dental One Associates of Waldorf
3500 Old Washington Road, Suite 301
Waldorf, MD, 20601
Phone: Phone Number: (301) 645-4434
Waldorf, MD, 20601
603 Post Road, Suite 109
Waldorf, MD, 20602
29795 Three Notch Rd
Charlotte Hall, MD, 20622
Phone: (301) 290-0001
23076 Three Notch Rd #203,
Phone: (240) 349-5000
Details: Wednesday 11/1-11-7 drop off candy trade $1 per 1lb
9120 Chesapeake Ave. Ste. 301
North Beach, MD, 20714
Phone: (443) 550-8115
3150 West Ward Road, Suite 304
Dunkirk, MD, 20754
995 N. Prince Frederick Blvd, Suite 102
Prince Frederick, MD, 20678
21875 Three Notch Road
Lexington Park, MD, 20653
16034 Three Notch Road
California, MD, 20619
Phone: (301) 863-7424
BAKE WITH IT