If you have a little or even big construction fanatic in your home than you’ll be excited to find out that there is an awesome construction themed amusement park built just for your family. So put on your hard hats and get ready for a day of action packed adventure at Diggerland USA located in West Berlin, New Jersey.
Our family of four has two truck loving boys (well three if you include dad) who love all things construction. They get excited when we pass a building site and have enjoyed picnicking while watching diggers at work. So I thought they would really enjoy a day at Diggerland this summer. We loved it so much, I had to share all about our experience. Just picture climbing aboard and getting behind the wheel of real diggers, backhoes, excavators and more. It’s the coolest thing ever to pretend you’re on a real construction site; where you get to dig holes, move dirt and scoop up rocks!
Since many of the Diggerland attractions require a minimum of 36″ for most rides and 42″ for a few, I wanted to break up the rides by height requirement so you can plan ahead what rides are suitable for your family.
RIDES FOR EVERYONE
MEET DOZER AND DIESEL
DUCK RACES & GOLD DIGGING
WORLDS FASTEST BACKHOE
RIDES WITH A 36″ HEIGHT REQUIREMENT
My almost 2 1/2 year old was able to do everything on this list!
- BACKHOE ADVENTURE
- ARGO OFFROAD
- SKID STEERS
- MINI DIGGERS- TREASURE
- MINI DIGGERS- BOWLER
- EXCAVATOR EXPRESS
- DUMP TRUCKS
- GROUND SHUTTLE
- OPERATION BATTLE TRUCK
- TURN PIKE TRACTOR
- DIGGER DERBY
RIDES WITH A 42″ HEIGHT REQUIREMENT
My 4 1/2 year old was able to ride all the 42″ rides listed and loved them!!!
- THE GREASED BEAST
- WORKMAX TRUCKS
- SPIN DIZZY
- SKY SHUTTLE
- ROPES COURSE
- ROCK WALL
While at the park we enjoyed food at the full service café called, “The Dig Inn.” Foods available mostly include your typical park menu such as pizza, burgers, hotdogs and chicken fingers. I was delightfully surprised to see homemade pulled pork, gyros and deli sandwiches. Everyone in our group tried something different and thought it was above par for park food. There is a dining pavilion next to the cafe that is covered to provide shade. No outside food or beverage are permitted in the park. However, there are a few picnic tables located outside the gates, if you choose to pack a picnic lunch.
PLAYFUL PARENT TIPS
- Sensory Overload advice- Go during non peak hours on week days. Consider ear protection ear covers some of the machinery can get noisy.
- Dress comfortably- This isn’t the place for a dress and cute little shoes. Wear clothing that you will be comfortable and can move around in. I know that most trips to theme parks take place in the summer and sandals are normally ideal; however, for this excursion I recommend so you can participate in all the attractions. The ropes cores required close toed shoes.
- Take advantage of the special offers- Did you know that kiddos under 36″ and seniors over 65 receive free admission? Just keep in mind that smaller children can participate in some activities but their are restriction on many of the rides for little ones under 36″. Also, remember admission is more expensive at the gate so it’s best to purchase online.
- Don’t miss out on the action- Plan to stay a full day, there is just too much to do in a short amount of time. I recommend trying to catch a Backhoe Brandon doing his stunts. There isn’t a set schedule for the shows, you just have to keep an eye out. Around lunch time was when we noticed Brandon doing some cool machine maneuvering!
- Be on the look out for special events: SAND: Special Abilities Night at Diggerland
SAND events, provide fun, judgment-free evenings for individuals with special needs to enjoy with their family and friends and are made possible by the SAMBULANCE Safety Squad. Next Event: Friday, September 8th, 2017 Time: 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM Price: $18.95 Learn More About this Event
DIGGERLAND USA INFORMATION
Address: 100 Pinedge Court, West Berlin, NJ 08091
Hours: Summer Hours 10am-7pm weekends only , 10am-6pm weekdays through the end of August. Hours change during Fall Weekends only September through November 10am-6pm. Closes in December and reopens in March.
Admission: Adults $31.95 (over 42″), children $26.95 (under 42″), or grab an annual pass for $54.95. (These are online prices, admission is more at the gate).
BEST HOTEL IN THE AREA
Now that you know where to play, here’s the information on where to stay.
If you have read any of my travel articles before, you will notice a theme. I love staying at Marriott hotels. They hold high standards and are a reputable hotel at a fair price. The SpringHill Suites in Voorhees, New Jersey was the perfect choice. It’s location is ideal, a quick five minute drive from Diggerland.
I love that the rooms are spacious and comfortable. Our room had two queen beds and sectional couch. The decor is trendy yet relaxing. The bathroom was gorgeous, I’d love a bathroom like this in my home.
SpringHill Suites has many amenities perfect for families including, complimentary breakfast, a in-door swimming pool and lollipops at the front desk. This is my favorite SpringHill I’ve ever stayed in. I that the hotel was absolutely stunning.
SPRINGHILL SUITES VOORHEES
Address: 1031 Voorhees Dr. Voorhees Township, NJ 08043
Website: HOTEL LINK
THANK YOU TO SPONSORS
***I want to thank Diggerland USA and SpringHill Suites for inviting The Playful Parent for a fun weekend in New Jersey. The Playful Parent is not paid to write articles. All pictures and information presented are my own unbiased opinion. It is an honor to share tips and suggestions to help make vacationing fun and easy for families.***