On today’s Homemade Monday I will be featuring the top three homemade seasoning mixes from my kitchen. I was motivated to share this featured article after putting together a project for my MOPS group on making homemade taco seasoning last week. These recipes are so tasty you will never buy seasoning packs from the store again!
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a small bowl, combine all seasonings together and store in an airtight container.
- This recipe is enough for 2 servings when cooking one pound of ground turkey or beef.
- When making ground taco meat I like to add 1/4 cup of water to the meat and seasonings to -keep the meat moist.
- I was able to get a six pack of seasoning containers for $3 at target in the dollar section.
DRY RUB SEASONING MIX
2 Tablespoons Paprika
1 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
1 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Tablespoons Cumin
1Tablespoons Granulated Garlic
1 Tablespoons Chili Powder
1/2 tablespoons Mustard Powder
1/2 tablespoons Ground Black Pepper
1/2 tablespoons Cayenne Pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and gently stir together. Store the seasoning blend in a small container or 4oz mason jars.
- When cooking this can be added to most meats for grilling. It tastes heavenly as a rub for steaks and chicken drums.
- For best flavoring cover meat with seasoning and marinate 1-2 hours before grilling.
GARLIC BREAD SEASONING
- 1/4 cup powdered Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and then store in a small container that has a lid for later use. I store mine in the fridge to keep cheese fresh.
- Spread melted butter or olive oil over bread then sprinkle seasoning.
- Wrap the bread in foil and bake in the oven at 375 until bread becomes golden brown and crispy.