PREPARE FOR A MONSTER TRUCK JAM LIKE A BOSS…
Like most of the cool parents taking their little dare devils to the Monster Truck Jam for the first time; I’m sure you too are wondering what to be prepared for? So here are some tips to help you plan for a Monster Truck Jam like a boss. Your family is sure to say you think of everything!
1) It Gets Loud- If you haven’t heard, monster truck rallies can get really loud! I suggest purchasing ear plugs or ear muff hearing protection to provide a buffer from the noise so everyone can enjoy the show without being overwhelmed. You can buy children’s ear protection on ebay for under $10 Ear Plugs – Amazon or buy a pack of ear plugs for the whole family for under $10 Ear Plugs- Amazon. While they do sell gear there, you will save money by purchasing it ahead of time!
2) Safety First- If you are anything like me, I’m sure you want to make sure all safety checks are made. I was concerned about getting front row seating with all the debris that could potentially get propelled towards the stands. You can rest assure that precautions have already been made. Certain sections have been blocked off and safety barriers are set between the area floor and the audience. So when selecting a section to sit in, don’t worry about getting too close.
3) Keep Warm- Despite that the venue is indoors, it can still get chilly. Be sure to dress in layers. A hoodie is always a good option; not only to keep warm, but to keep dust and dirt off too. I found this adorable Blaze hoodie at Kohl’s for $14. Also, if you are going to the Pit Party don’t wear heals or your favorite nice shoes; you will be walking around on dirt.
4) To Pit or Not to Pit, that is the question- It all depends on your family needs. Keep in mind that it will be a long event. If you think your kids won’t be dragging than splurge and attend the pit party. It’s a lot fun to meet the drivers, who love interacting with the audience. The drivers are extremely approachable and spend lots time talking with fans, taking pictures and signing autographs. I’m sure you’ve heard the stories that drivers are known for meeting fans in the audience to give parts of their trucks lost in competition to kids.
5) Bring cash- It’s always a good idea to have cash for things like parking, snacks and souvenirs. It also helps you stay on budget.
6) Save Money- Don’t forget to use the discount code to save money when you buy tickets. Use the Code: BLOG to save $5 on tickets.
7) Make It Fun- Prepare for the big day by doing fun Monster truck type activities leading up to the day off. Have a blast with monster truck crafts. Watch Blaze and the Monster Machine episodes. Dress in awesome race gear the day off. You could even buy a small truck for you little one to play with on the ride to the Jam. Be creative and have fun with it!
Tickets are also available at www.ticketmaster.com and the Verizon Center box office.
Monster Jam will be performing at the Verizon Center on:
- Saturday, January 28 @ 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, January 29 @ 1:00 p.m
More Information visit: https://theplayfulparent.org/2017/01/03/monster-jam-comes-to-dc-this-january-2017/