Did you know that there is super, awesome and totally amazing active entertainment zone for kids right here in the DMV area! Recently built in 2019, The St. James in Springfield, VA houses a massive indoor sports complex. This 450,000 square foot state of the arts sports venue has it all! You will find everything here including; a full workout gym, field house, court house, batting house, performance house, squash & golf house, ice rink and boulder/climbing wall. But wait, there’s more… Within the sports complex is a kids zone called Super, Awesome & Amazing, that most definitely lives up to its name. This kids paradise offers a plethora of activities to entertain kids of all age and the kid at heart for hours. Imagine a indoor water park, Nerf battle zone, trampoline park, ninja warrior course all in one spot! Join me as I take you on a tour of Super, Awesome & Amazing.
INTERACTIVE WATER PARK
It’s great that the complex has a indoor temperature controlled waterpark. Have fun splashing around the spray ground where you will find fun water features including sprinklers and buckets that drop water over your head. There are also a few tunnel slides that bigger kids are sure to enjoy. I found it pretty neat that there are benches stationed right behind a glass wall so parents have the option to sit and watch their little ones play. Adults of course are welcome to play too! I for one didn’t want to miss out on the fun. There’s a locker room right outside perfect for toweling off and changing into dry clothing.
CLIMBING & OBSTACLES
The Super, Awesome & Amazing section at St. James Sports Complex features a ropes course, climbing wall and obstacles, a ninja warrior course, a trampoline and nerf battle zone. Put your skills to the test on the ninja warrior course. Run, jump and climb to complete the course in your best time. I think our favorite was the climbing walls and obstacle course. Safety is always first. An attendant will assist your child in securing proper safety equipment and secure their harness to climb. There are three climbing structures and a obstacle course to test out. You will also find a indoor play structure in which kids can play on. Nerf guns are available for the kids to have a battle as well. Last but not least they have a gaming station and VR booths. These cost additional money but can be a lot of fun.
TIPS- KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Super, Awesome & Amazing is open to both members and non-members.
- There is an onsite restaurant with kid-friendly food.
- If you live near by, consider a member. It’s affordable and a great deal for months of endless fun. One thing I found to be really cool is they have a really great center the kids stay and play at while you enjoy a workout or visit the spa.
- The center has a lot of things put in place to keep things safe for families during COVID-19. Including but not limited to keeping the site at 50% capacity, following an aggressive cleaning schedule and places hand sanitization stations at each activity center. For more information visit their site.
Address: 6805 Industrial Rd. Springfield, VA 22151
Hours: *Active entertainment center hours only. Pool open on weekends only 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM.*
- Monday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Tuesday-Thursday: CLOSED
- Friday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Saturday – Sunday: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Pool Pricing: Members FREE/Non-Member $13 (Water slides, dump buckets, sprayers and more. No time restrictions.)
- Active Entertainment Pricing: Members- Free before 3 PM, Members after 3 PM:1 hour $10 | 2 hours $18. Non-Members: All Day 1 hour $13 | 2 hours $23 (Trampoline Jump, Nerf Battle Zone, Climbing Structures, Ropes Course, and Ninja Warrior Course.)
***The Playful Parent is a non-profit 501(c)(3) that advocates learning through play and promotes family bonding. All information provided is based on my own non-biased opinion and all photographs and information are intellectual property of TPP. The Playful Parent was not paid to endorse St. James. Guides are created to help connect families to the community. Play-Learn-Grow!***