This weeks homemade Monday article celebrates the beauty of spring with a simple and fun cherry blossom windsock craft. This windsock is bright and vibrant making it a lovely decoration or fun wind kite to watch dance and twirl in the breeze. We picked up a free craft kit from the Charles County Public Library-Potomac Branch; however, this craft is very simple and is a great homemade activity.
- Sky Blue Craft Paper or Cardstock
- Pink Craft Paper or Cardstock
- Pink Streamers
- Brown Marker or Paint
- Glue Stick
- Start by making your cherry blossom tree branches by using brown marker or paint to create branches on your blue paper.
- Cut a few dozen or so small one inch squares of pink tissue or crepe paper and scrunch them into little balls; these will be used for the cherry blossom flowers. Next, using a glue stick secure your crepe flowers on to the branches.
- After you have finished decorating your cherry blossom tree you will bend your blue paper to make a cylinder. Secure it together using a stapler or tape.
- To make the windsock tails; cut 3-4 two foot long pieces of pink streamer. Than tape the pink kite tails to the inside of the bottom of the windsock.
- The last step is to add a pink handle. To do this you will need to cut a 1-inch by 8 1/2-inche strip of pink cardstock. Secure the handle by stapling or glue it to the top inside of the windsock.
For more fun Cherry Blossom crafts click on the following link.
***The Playful Parent is 501c3 non-profit that promotes learning through play by providing families with free support and resources. Homemade Monday articles are written to advocate a love of learning. All photographs are property of http://www.theplayfulparent.org***