Don’t put away those Halloween costumes yet; join fellow comic book fans at the Southern Maryland Comic Con! This years convention will be taking place on November 10, 2018 at the Capital Club House from 10 AM – 5 PM. SMCC celebrates all things that are awesome and fun including; comics, toys, TV, film, art, cosplay, games, and all things nerdy.
Southern Maryland Comic Con will be posting there full schedule soon. I was told that Art Way Alliance will be hosting a number of events and sessions designed especially for kids. In years past they have had a kid section with activities and workshops for young kids. There is usually a costume parade and contest for the kids too. The picture from above was from our first adventure to Southern Maryland Comic Con five years ago.
*11:00am – 12:00pm Pokemon Go & Draw w/ Anna Richardson
*12:30pm – 1:30pm Drawing Dr. Who Characters w/ Keir Lyles
*2:00pm – 3:00pm Drawing the Anatomy of Spider-Man w/ Tyrone Barnes
*3:30pm-until finished Kids costume contest ages 5 and under
*3:30pm Kids Costume contest ages 6 to 10
- Go in Costume- Let your kids pick what they would like to go as. Cosplay is a huge part of the experience, going in costume really makes the trip special and more fun. You don’t have to spend a lot of time or money on them, simple homemade or store-bought costumes are fine.
- Bring a camera and take advantage of photo opportunities: Taking photos is one of the best parts. I love watching everyone in costume and I’ve noticed kids and even adults too get very excited about having their picture taken with favorite characters. You will find that there is a huge sense of community and many fans dressed in costume are happy to pose for a shot.
- Pack Snacks & Drinks: The food at the convention hall is insanely expensive and lines for food can be very long. I suggest throwing some water bottles or juice boxes and some easy snacks like granola bars, string cheese and fruit for snacks. Be sure to eat a good meal before going; while there eat what you’ve packed than head out to a nearby restaurant for dinner.
- Purchase tickets ahead of time: Pre-sale tickets are $10 ahead of times. Kids 10 and under are free.
Southern Maryland Comic-Con
November 10, 2018
10 am – 5 pm
Presale Tickets only $10- Ticket Link
KIDS AGES 10 AND UNDER ARE FREE!!!!
3033 Waldorf Market Place
Waldorf, MD 20603
- The giveaway is open now through November 7, 2018 12:00 PM. One lucky family will be randomly drawn to win four tickets to SOMD Comic Con.
- LIKE the post and COMMENT your favorite comic book character.
- In order to win contestants MUST be a Playful Parent fan.
- This giveaway is open to residents in the Southern Maryland area who are 18 years and older. Don’t have to have young kids in the house to win. You can be parents, grandparents or even aunties and uncles to win.
- SHARE the love with friends by tagging and posting this on your page (NOT Mandatory.)
***This contest was brought to you by Southern Maryland Comic Con and The Playful Parent; Facebook is not affiliated with this giveaway.***
Leave a Reply