If you have ever been to Great Wolf Lodge before; you know that it doesn’t have to be a special holiday or fancy occasion to book a vacation at Great Wolf Lodge! Going anytime of year is a great choice for family fun year round. However, I have to admit… Great Wolf Lodge really does know how to celebrate holidays!
HOWL-IDAYS AT GREAT WOLF LODGE
Our family took a mini fall vacation last week to Williamsburg, Virginia. It was our first time visiting the lodge during their Howl-O-Ween event and boy was it a special treat! Throughout the entire month of October, guests can celebrate Halloween in a safe and climate-controlled environment. Howl-O-Ween activities include a nightly: Monster Bash Dance Party, Costume Parade, Trick-or-Treat Trail, Spooktacular Story Time and other fun activities such as face painting, character meet and greets, photo opportunities, and more. If you plan on staying in October, make sure to bring your Halloween costumes.
Howl-O-Ween isn’t the only holiday we have visited the hotel for. We have been during Christmas and over spring break as well. Great Wolf Lodge truly knows how to make every holidays extra special. I love visiting during the winter when Santa visits Great Wolf Lodge! He’s bringing lots of goodies on his sleigh! Starting the Saturday after Thanksgiving, festivities will take place in the winter wonderland lobby along with winter howl-i-days story times, dance parties, and special events. Kids and the kid at heart will get a thrill out of the nightly snowfall!
TOP THREE REASONS TO STAY ANYTIME OF YEAR
- IN-DOOR WATER PARK- This is probably one of the best features of the hotel. The water park is a great place to have a splashing good time! The water park is HUGE!!! Enjoy the slides: Howling Tornado, Sliding Boarding, River Cannon Run and Alberta Falls and Whopping Hollow. Don’t miss out on the other sections of the water park: Totem Towers, Raccoon Lagoon, Fort Mackenzie, Slap Tail Pond, Hot Springs, Chinook Cove and Cub Paw Pool.
- SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE- Great Wolf Lodge has something that everyone in the family can enjoy. While there are a plethora of engaging activities for the kids there are still some fun things for adults too. My favorite place to escape to is the SPA! There are also packages for room a romantic room service after the kids go to sleep. Who doesn’t love wine and chocolate covered strawberries delivered to their room?!?
- STAY AND PLAY-The lodge has everything you need on campus so that you can stay and play stress free. From restaurants serving kid friendly food to coffee shop and Kids Club to Magi Quest; everything you need is right on site. They even have a Paw Pass that comes with everything your little one needs to stay entertained for the entire weekend.
- Stay for one or two nights at the lodge but stick around a while the next day and enjoy more time at the attractions- You can still enjoy activities and the water park even after you check out of your room.
- Make friends with the staff – I was impressed by the team at GWL; they are amazingly friendly and extremely helpful! Everyone wants to see you having fun safely. I got the sense that the staff really enjoys working with kids.
- Make sure that you sign-up to become a member (which is free) for special rates on rooms.
- Save money- the three best tips I can share about booking a room is to go during off peak season, reserve a room on a week day and use Groupon to catch a great deal. Also, if you are military be sure to call and ask about a discount.
- Great Wolf Lodge provides puddle jumpers and life jackets to guests for FREE!
- While beach towels are provided in the water park, they have to stay in the water park. I recommend bringing a robe or extra towel to stay cozy in while walking up to your room.
- If you have time to visit Busch Gardens while you are in town I highly recommend it!
THANK YOU & INFORMATION
GREAT WOLF LODGE INFORMATION
Address: 549 E Rochambeau Dr, Williamsburg, VA 23188
Thank you Great Wolf Lodge for inviting us to stay for the night so that we could share our wonderful experience. The Playful Parent was not paid to write this article and all information is my own non-bias opinion. All content and photography are property of The Playful Parent.