- White Glue
- Food Coloring
- Plastic lids (We used the lid from a cocoa canister, I would recommend something smaller)
- Hole Punch
- Scissors (optional)
- Pour glue into your plastic lid and move it around to cover the entire surface by tilting the lid.
- Put one or two drops of each color of food coloring around the glue.
- Use the toothpick to swirl the colors around in the glue. Be careful not to overdo it or the colors will look muddy.
- Use toothpick to pop any bubbles that may start to form.
- Set the lid on a level surface out of the way and let dry. Depending on the size of the lid you used, the sun-catcher will take one to three days to fully dry.
- When fully dry, peel the sun-catcher out of the lid by pulling on the rim until the glue releases.
- We used scissors to clean up the edges, but you don’t need to. Next punch a hole through the sun-catcher where you want the top to be, add a string, hang in a sunny spot, and enjoy.