School is officially out and summer has begun! I can’t tell you how excited the whole family is to visit our favorite place in the whole world! Our family travels up to Strasburg, Pennsylvania at least four times a year and we can’t help but make a trip each season. Strasburg is only a two hour drive for Southern Maryland families, so it’s a great day trip or even weekend getaway. I was excited to discover that this year they are offering a Summer Pass again. This article will highlight events and specials occurring throughout the spring and summer of 2018. We have so many fond memories here and look forward to making more this summer.
SUMMER PASS SPECIAL
The Summer Fun Pass at Strasburg Rail Road™ offers value-packed seasonal access to all the rides and extras at America’s oldest short-line railroad for just $40 per person (2 & up) from May 26, 2018 – Sept 3, 2018.
This pass includes:
- Unlimited rides aboard Coach cars
- Unlimited access to all Fun Extras, including the Pint-Sized Pufferbelly and Cranky Cars
- Unlimited access to other special offerings to vary each day: LO&S Self-Propelled Motor Car rides, Track Car rides, Pump Car rides and more
- Option to upgrade (payment required for difference between accommodation desired and Coach fare)
- Groff’s Grove – picnic and play area
- Leaman Place Grove
- Kids’ Play Area (including complimentary WiFi and cafe tables for parents to relax)
- Access to member-only special offers throughout the season
- Retail discount of 10% in our Gift Shops. Not valid on sale items or during Day Out With Thomas™ events
- Summer Fun Pass may NOT be used for : Dinner Trains, Wine & Cheese Train, Great Train Robbery or Day Out With Thomas
DAY OUT WITH THOMAS
Dates: June 18-24, 2018
Details: Everyone’s favorite little blue engine is chugging into Strasburg. A Day Out With Thomas is a family event that offers children and their grownups the opportunity to ride on Thomas the Tank Engine at railroads nationwide. Experience will engineer miles of smiles for the whole family as little ones get to meet this classic character that talks and even blinks his eyes.
Thomas Train – $21 – Ages 2 and up. (Under 2 ride free but must sit on a lap) Includes Thomas train ride and all activities.
Percy Package – $27 – Ages 2 and up. (Under 2 ride free but must sit on a lap) includes Thomas Train ride, Percy Train ride and all activities.
Combo – $29.50 – Includes Thomas Train Ride, a ride on a coach class car on the regular excursion train and all activities. Ages 2 and up.
Sodor Deluxe – $34 Includes Thomas Train ride, Percy Train ride, a ride on the regular excursion train and all activities. Ages 2 and up.
These events sells out be sure to purchase your tickets in advanced!!!
STRASBURG RAILROAD INFORMATION
301 Gap Road
Strasburg, PA 17579
MORE HELPFUL TIPS FROM THE PLAYFUL PARENT
WHERE TO STAY
This hotel is so much fun! They have a lot of activities for kids and even an indoor water park that is included in the price of your room! Here is the Playful Parent guide on staying at the DOUBLE TREE.
THE RED CABOOSE MOTEL
Playful Parent article on Red Caboose Motel coming soon!
WHERE TO PLAY
Playful Parent article on STRASBURG RAILWAY MUSEUM
Playful Parent article on NATIONAL TOY TRAIN MUSEUM
Playful Parent article on CHERRY CREST FARM
Playful Parent article on CHOO CHOO BARN
WHERE TO EAT
Our favorite spot is The Speckled Hen, check out The Playful Parent article on BEST BREAKFAST IN LANCASTER
*** The playful parent does not receive payment for featuring articles on events and activities. All opinions are my own; I like to share my experiences so that parents have resources on fun family outings. Discounted or complimentary tickets are an advantage but not a requirement. ***