As you can tell by the cover photo; I’m raising little tree huggers so to speak! Earth Day is important; we have to take care of our planet if we want it to be a safe place for our children and our children’s children to live. Earth Day is an annual holiday celebrated on April 22nd each year. This is a worldwide celebrated event created to demonstrate support for environmental protection. In this article you will find resources including activities, books and events for families that celebrate Earth Day.
SAVE THE EARTH EVERY DAY
Here is a list of ways to save the earth every day. Pick one from the checklist and complete with your family on earth day.
For earth day take a nature walk and enjoy a earth themed scavenger hunt! Here is a worksheet that you can print or use digitally on your smart phone while on your hunt.
Upcycle a egg carton as a planter. See tutorial here.
EARTH DAY BOOK LIST
There are many great books that you get purchase or borrow from the library to help teach your children about earth day.
- The Earth Book
- It’s Earth Day!
- Earth Day- Hooray!
- Recycling Is Fun
- Compost Stew
- Fancy Nancy – Everyday is Earth Day
- What If Everybody Did This?
- Earth Day Every Day
- I Can Save the Earth
- Bloomers Island -The Great Garden Party
EARTH DAY EVENTS FOR FAMILIES
- National Geographic Earth Day Eve Event on April 21, 2021 from 8:30PM -9:30 PM (Virtual) – Link
- Earth Day Waldorf’s Way Community Clean Up on April 24, 2021 from 11AM – 1PM (4 Charles County Locations) – Link
- CCPR Nature Connection April 24, 2021 from 2:30Pm – 3:30PM (Gilbert Run) – Link
- SPRINGFEST Register for free kits and tree giveaways through the month of April (Lowes) –Link
Leave a Reply