Jason Ambler, Executive Producer shared that this is the first virtual reality ride to open in North America. It was great to share such joy as Jason and other team members got to see their dream become reality. The local boys and girls club were special guests at the event. One rider shared that the VR felt so real it was like you really were flying.
WHAT TO EXPECT- PLAYFUL PARENT INPUT
Located in Ireland the Battle for Eire is a family friendly ride designed for guests 42″ and taller. Once in the castle visitors will make their way through several pre-show rooms. Just before entering the theater riders put on their green warrior helmets (virtual reality headset holder.) Once seated, riders buckle their seat-belts and add the final virtual reality glasses to their headset and the journey begins!
- No bags are allowed on the ride. Be sure to have a friend who can hold your belongings or purchase a locker.
- There are two helmet sizes indicated by the color of the adjustment strap: yellow-small and green- large.
- Make sure you adjust your headset correctly, if it isn’t put on properly the images may appear blurry.
- If you get motion sickness, you can take a break by closing your eyes or removing your head piece.
- Those with sensory issues may feel uncomfortable in their helmet as it does need to adjusted tight.
- Be sure to look all around you…Up, down, side to side and even behind you! It’s like you are stepping into another world.
- Be sure to spend some time in Ireland before or after the ride. There are great shows, music and sometimes even guest appearances of Addie herself.
BUSCH GARDENS WILLIAMSBURG INFORMATION
PLAYFUL PARENT ARTICLE AND GUIDE FOR ATTENDING BUSCH GARDENS WITH KIDS
Location: 1 Busch Gardens Blvd, Williamsburg, VA 23185
***Thank you Busch Gardens for inviting our family to the park to witness the opening ceremony in order to share information with families. The Playful Parent does not receive payment for featuring attractions. All opinions are my own; I like to share experiences and information so that parents have resources on fun family outings. Discounted or complimentary tickets are an advantage but not a requirement. The Playful Parent was selected as a ambassador blogger for Busch Gardens 2018 season. Feature image and video provided by Busch Gardens.***
Leave a Reply