Travel around the world and explore forgotten myths and unusual legends in eight fast-paced and hilarious tales! Guided by a band of traveling Romani, the audience is transported from the ancient Far East, where a hero must kill a giant centipede to save a dragon king, to the Russian countryside, where a poor orphan must defeat three witches who stole his grandfather’s eyes. Always quirky, and sometimes bizarre, these eight tales are filled with magic, mystery, and morals.
Traveling storytellers (Emma Ansell and Justin Orotokhoi) share a tender moment between tales as they rehearse for “Around the World in 8 Plays” to be performed at the College of Southern Maryland.
Troupe leader Isabel (Emma Ansell) is satisfied by the props that will be used in the South African story “The Lost Beads” as part of the performance in “Around the World in 8 Plays” to be performed at the College of Southern Maryland.
A troupe member (Justin Orotokhoi) rehearses his role as the warrior Fujiwara Hidesato in the Japanese folktale “My Lord Bag of Rice” that is performed during “Around the World in 8 Plays” to be performed at the College of Southern Maryland.
Show: Around the World in 8 Plays
Dates & Times:
- Friday March 2, 2018 at 7:00 PM
- Satureday March 3, 2018 at 2:00 PM and 7:00 PM
Location: College of Southern Maryland (La Plata Campus) in the Fine Arts Building Theater, 8730 Mitchell Road, La Plata.
Cost: $7 adults and seniors, $5 for high school age and younger
FACEBOOK FAN CLUB GIVEAWAY
The Playful Parent is hosting another fan club giveaway for a family 4 tickets to Around The World In 8 Plays at College of Southern Maryland. Contest starts February 23, 2018 and ends Wednesday February 28, 2018 at 12:00 PM.
- To enter COMMENT what part of the world you would travel to if you could go anywhere!
- SHARE the post by either Tagging your friends or sharing the post on your page. (Not Mandatory but a big help in spreading the word about the show.)
- You MUST be a Playful Parent Fan! This can be done by subscribing on the website or liking the page on Facebook.
- The winner will be selected randomly through a lottery drawing.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged for cash and they hold no monetary value.
- You must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Facebook is not affiliated with this contest.