Rosemary roasted chicken and vegetables is the perfect solution for warm comfort food during this cold winter weather. This recipe is my go to meal for family dinner nights because it is quick and easy to prepare and super delicious.
- 4 – 6 bone-in chicken leg quarters
- 1 package of baby red potatoes
- 1 package of baby carrots
- 4-5 parsnips peeled and cut
- 1 yellow onion cut into chunks
- Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lemon Sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh rosemary, sage and thyme
- Kosher sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes, carrots and parsnips in a large pot and let boil on the stove until you can poke with a fork. This should take about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken in a roasting pan and coat with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over the chicken. Place sprigs of sage, rosemary and thyme over the top. Place 4-5 garlic cloves in the pan. Add 3-4 slices of lemon to the top.
- Place chicken in the oven and let cook for an hour on 350 than raise heat to 425 for degrees for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Place potatoes, parsnips and carrots into a roasting pan. Add sliced onion and garlic gloves. Drizzle with olive oil and mix to gather. Sprinkle fresh thinly cut sage, rosemary and thyme. Place in the oven with chicken and let cook for 45 minutes on 350 and 425 for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a platter and serve.