– Wax crayons in shades of orange, yellow, red, and brown
– Marker of similar color
– Pencil sharpener
– Wax paper
– Cookie sheet
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Tear off two pieces of wax paper about the same size and place one on the cookie sheet, making sure that it is wax side up.
- Peel the paper off your crayons and sharpen them. Spread the shavings evenly over the wax paper, its okay if there are small gaps. Cover with the second sheet of wax paper, wax side down.
- Put in the oven for five minutes then remove. While the wax is still warm, carefully remove the top layer of wax paper and let cool on a flat surface. Remove the bottom layer from the hot cookie sheet and let that cool too. It only takes a minute or two to cool.
- Use the marker to draw your fall shapes on each piece of paper. We made pumpkins and leaves.
- Cut out your shapes, being careful not to bend the paper too much if you have thicker spots so the wax won’t crack.
- Use a threaded needle to string them together to form your garland. Try to place your holes wider apart to prevent curling.
- Hang in a window and enjoy!
Note: This project can be used to brighten up any time of the year, just change your shapes and colors!