Monday, September 25, 2017
This weeks Homemade Monday edition BANZA GLUTEN FREE PASTA PARTY! DIY NOODLE NECKLACE AND PESTO PASTA is brought to you by a awesome company called Banza. Banza is a healthy alternative to pasta noodles that are made from chickpeas instead of wheat. It is packed full of protein, fiber and key vitamins and minerals such as potassium, magnesium, calcium and iron. This is a perfect pick for anyone and especially those following a vegan, non-GMO and gluten free diet.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Banza Noodles
- Gel Food Coloring
- Hand Sanitizer
- Plastic Ziplock Bags
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
HOW TO MAKE YOUR NOODLE NECKLACE:
- Divide dry pasta into four separate plastic ziplock baggie.
- Pour 3+- drops of one color food dye into each bag. Repeat until you have four colors complete (red, yellow, green and blue). Than, add 1-2 pumps of sanitizer to each bag.
- Seal each bag and shake well until all the pasta is coated with color.
- Empty each bag of colored pasta out on trays lined with parchment paper. Be sure to keep each color separated so the colors don’t blend.
- Allow the noodles to dry over night on the parchment paper, or you can place in the oven on the lowest setting for five minutes to help the color set.
- Prepare string or yarn by cutting the length desired. Then place a small piece of tape on the string so that it is secured to the table. This is so the noodles don’t fall off as they are stringing the noodles on.
- Now for the fun! Have your little one string on pasta in the design they choice. This is a great activity for fine motor skills. You can also have them practice patterns. Little ones may need help tying the string off.
***Noodles not edible after the dying process due to use of alcohol. Use with desecration, noodles could be a chocking hazard for young children.***
PESTO PASTA RECIPE
This recipe came with the Banza pasta kit. To find more great recipes visit: Eat Banza
- 1 Box Rotoni Pasta
- 2 Cups Kale
- 1 Cup Basil
- 2 Small Garlic Cloves
- 3 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Starchy Pasta Water
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain noodles and reserve pasta water. Transfer pasta back into pot and set to the side.
- In a food processor, combine the kale, garlic. parmesan, slat and almonds. Blend until smooth. Add lemon juice and pulse again.
- With the processor on, drizzle in olive oil, scrapping sides down as necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pesto sauce to the pasta and stir to combine. If needed, add a splash of starchy water to loosen sauce. Garnish with parmesan.
Thank you Banza for sending a pasta party kit! All information shared is my own non-biased opinion. I enjoy writing articles and reviews to help make raising a family easier.