In most places kids are used to hearing “Stop acting so silly!” However, not at this exhibit that encourages learning through play. Kids of all ages even adults will have fun learning about science through laughter, play and physical comedy.
CURIOSITY AND CLOWNING AROUND EQUALS DISCOVERY
KLUTZ® Amazingly Immature exhibit is features the KLUTZ® Encyclopedia of Immaturity Vol. 1 and 2 through 18 different unique and playful hands-on activities that are designed to teach; aerodynamics, inertia, Newton’s Third Law of Motion, and more! Check out these awesome activities that allow your kids to play like a genius to keep the forces of maturity at bay. This exhibit will be on display at the Port Discovery Children’s Museum until September 4, 2017.
Master the challenging technique of tossing playing cards
Turn spoons into catapults or make them do somersaults as they flip into cups
Engineer paper airplanes
Transform money into wearable bling!
From down under, build a cardboard boomerang
Learn how to juggle scarves in four easy lessons!
Bug your friends by building “annoyers.”
Can you catch coins off your elbow?
Other great activities to try:
- Reflex Ruler- Test your reaction time! Are you better than a grown-up?
- Snap Lid- Make a fountain drink lid fly at the snap of your fingers.
- Straw shooter- Make paper jets fly fast by shooting them off of straws.
- Paper Footballs- Make a paper football
- Mash up- Use play dough to make silly inventions and creations.
- To avoid the crowds try coming on a weekday, keep in mind that sometimes there are field trips that could make the museum just as crowded as a weekends though. Most schools and camps on field trips roll out around 1:00 PM.
- If you can find street parking it’s cheaper than the $15 parking garage.
- Plan at lease 3 hours to explore, there are so many great exhibits at the museum it’s hard to do it all in one day.
About Port Discovery
As the premier children’s museum in the mid-Atlantic, Port Discovery Children’s Museum educates children and inspires life-long curiosity. Our play-to-learn philosophy opens the door for children to discover and explore the world around them and to lead smarter, healthier, more engaged lives. The Museum, a 501(c)(3) non-profit institution, offers 3 floors of educational, interactive exhibits and programs and is ranked among the Top 10 Children’s Museums in the United States by Fodor’s Travel, Forbes and Parents Magazine. Port Discovery has served over 4.8 million visitors to date.
Admission to KLUTZ® Amazingly Immature is included with general admission tickets to Port Discovery. Day passes are $14.95 for adults and children ages 2 and up and free for infants and Museum members.
35 Market Place, Baltimore, MD 21202
Win a family of four admission to the Port Discovery Children’s Museum! The winner will be randomly drawn on Sunday June 27, 2017 12PM.
-Like and share the Facebook post to spread the word.
-Comment your favorite silly activity from childhood.
-Must be a Playful Parent fan to win.
-This contest is not Facebook affiliated.
***Thank you Port Discovery Children’s Museum for inviting The Playful Parent to museum to write an article on the exhibit and for sponsoring a giveaway. All information and review are my own unbiased opinion.***
Leave a Reply