I couldn’t be more excited that the College of Southern Maryland is performing quality children’s shows that families and small children can enjoy! Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Musical is the perfect show designed for young children. This adorable story is based on Mo Willem’s original book Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale. My four year old son is a big fan of Willems books, so I knew that we had to see Knuffle Bunny take the stage! Kids who have a favorite stuffed animal are sure to identify with Trixie the main character….so bring your favorite stuffed companion and hop on down to see the show this weekend March 10-11, 2017.
The adorable Eva De Leon plays Trixie an energetic toddler who hasn’t quite mastered an English vocabulary yet and uses extensive and vibrant baby talk to express herself. Trixie proves to be quite the handful for her parents played by Joshua Pierre and Sabrina Martin. In this tale the dad is set on giving mom a break by handling the chores while watching after his curious and spirited toddler. They venture off to the Laundromat where drama and comedy ensues. The trip is seemingly going well until Knuffle Bunny is accidentally left behind. Poor Trixie does everything that she can to help her daddy understand the conundrum; however, he is unable to translate. The family soon realizes the problem at hand and rushes back to the Laundromat to save the day. Dad bravely throws himself into the washer and after a heroic struggle with boxers, bras, socks and shirts he emerges victorious from the battle clutching the beloved bunny. Overjoyed, Trixie exclaims clearly her first words “Knuffle Bunny!” This heartwarming tale is sure to win over your hearts.
With excellent direction from Sherry Santana and musical direction by Michael Santana the story is really brought to life. The simplistic set design makes for quick and easy scene changes so that the show flows nicely. I was excited to see unexpected puppetry featured from the books illustrations. Overall, Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Musical is a fun show, with catchy music, that’s sure to bring lots of laugh along with sentimental moments.
- I love that the run-time for show is approximately forty-five minutes to an hour. It’s the perfect length for little ones smaller attention spans.
- This performance seems perfect for kid’s age three to five, preschool and kindergarten. I would say that kids up to about age 10 would enjoy the show as well; especially if they came with younger siblings. My four year old sat on the edge of his seat mesmerized the whole time and gave an enthusiastic positive review. It tickled my heart to watch him laugh at the funny parts.
- Sometimes after the run of a show, the actors will come out to meet the fans. So stick around after the show to see if you can meet your favorite characters.
- Bring along a favorite stuffed animal!
- I highly recommend reading Knuffle Bunny books before going. We actually brought the book with us for my son to read as he was waiting for the show to start.
Don’t miss the final Children’s Theatre production at CSM for the 2016-2017 academic year! Tickets are $7/adults & seniors and $5 for those high school age and younger. For tickets call 301-934-7828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on this show and other upcoming events at CSM visit www.csmd.edu/Arts.
FAN CLUB CONTEST
The Playful Parent is hosting another fan club give away for a family 4 tickets to Knuffle Bunny at College of Southern Maryland. Contest starts Tuesday March 7, 2017 and ends Thursday March 9, 2017 at 11:59 PM. Like, comment, share to win!
- To enter COMMENT your the name of your child’s beloved stuffed companion!
- SHARE THE POST by either Tagging your friends or sharing the post on your page.
- You MUST be a Playful Parent Fan! This can be done by subscribing on the website or liking the page on Facebook.
- The winner will be selected randomly through a lottery drawing.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged for cash and they hold no monetary value.
- You must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Facebook is not affiliated with this contest.