One Dish, Two Dish, Red Dish, Blue Dish
This weeks easy meal Monday is inspired from Parents Magazine from 2016 and dedicated to Dr Seuss in honor of his Birthday on March 2nd. Dr. Seuss’s birthday is also known as Read Across America Day; a day dedicated to a love of learning. It’s one of my favorite celebrations because as you know I’m a big advocate of learning through play; especially when comes to reading!
Today’s recipe is bright, colorful, fun and inspirational. I hope you and your little Who’s enjoy!
Cat In The Hat Pizza
* 1- Package of Ready Pizza dough (home-made also works)
* 1- Jar of Pizza Sauce
* Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1. Preheat oven to pizza dough directions.
2. Sprinkle flour over the surface of a cutting board than roll out the pizza dough using a rolling pin.
4. Using a pizza wheel cut out the shape of the hat.
5. In order to avoid under cooked dough; cook the crust for 5 minutes. Than remove from the oven to add toppings.
6. First, spread sauce on the whole pizza. Than sprinkle cheese over the whole pizza. Than add pepperoni to make the stripes. Be mindful to leave room at the edges so that the toppings don’t run out the sides while cooking.
7. Bake according to your pizza dough directions.
8. Let cool before serving.
Red Fish, Blue Fish Jello
* 1- Large Box of Blue Jello
* Gummy fish or Swedish Fish
* Clear plastic cups (or one big clear bowl)
1. Follow the jello directions according to the box.
2. Pour mixture into clear plastic cups or glass bowl.
3. Let them cool in the refrigerator for one hour, until partially set. Remove from the fridge and place a few gummy fish or Swedish fish in each cup. (My boys enjoy helping with this step the most.)
4. Return the Jello in the refrigerator until they’re completely set.
5. They are ready, enjoy! (This snack is best eaten sooner than later. Due to the chemical reaction of the sugary fish, it can break the Jello down quicker!)