- 2 Salmon Fillets (Orca Bay Sockeye Salmon Fillets)
- 3⁄4cup Bread crumbs
- ½ cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 1/3 cup small-diced red bell pepper (1 small pepper)
- Diced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Large eggs, lightly beaten
- Defrost frozen Orca Bay Salmon fillet by removing them from the freezer and placing them in the refrigerator the night before to thaw out.
- Pre heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place both pieces of salmon in an oven safe dish, drizzle lightly with olive oil and season to taste.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until meat becomes flaky.
- While your Salmon is baking in the oven. Cut your produces and prepare your dry ingredients. Measure out and add 2 tablespoons of butter, 2 tablespoons of oil, the onion, red bell peppers, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and peppers in a large pan and saute over medium-low heat until the vegetables are soft.
- Let your meat come to room temperature than flake the salmon into a large bowl. Next, add the bread crumbs, mayonnaise, mustard, and eggs and mix together.
- Add the cooked mixture to the bowl and toss together.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. After it has chilled shape into salmon cakes.
- In a large pan sauté your cakes over medium heat in 2 tablespoons of olive oil; letting them brown for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
For Best taste use Orca Bay Salmon Fillets! I was super impressed with the quality, texture and flavor of the Salmon. Orca Bay’s products are 100% chemical free, all-natural seafood. What’s great about Orca Bay is that they provide year-round access to delicious seafood that is fresh. When I say fresh, it really was like getting seafood from a fish market. I was relieved to purchase such a great product, hassle free at the grocery store. This product was at Safeway in the freezer section located right in the Seafood department. They had so many different fish to choose from; Ahi Tuna, Halibut, Tilapia, Salmon, Cod and Mahi Mahi just to name a few. I had trouble choosing which to pick. I ended up getting the Salmon Filet to make salmon cakes and Tilapia to make next week with mango salsa. I love that each pack comes portioned for easy thawing and meal prep. Orca Bay is passionate about their product and about cooking healthy meals. Check out their website for a variety of recipes. Orca Bay makes it easy to provide healthy meals for the whole family to enjoy. Join the fish frenzy with Orca Bay to experience unparalleled culinary seafood delights. For more information check out their site by Clicking here.
***The Playful Parent does not receive payment to write articles, all information and opinions shared are my own. Discounts and complimentary samples are always a plus but not a requirement. Thank you Orca Bay for sending me a coupon to try your product and for the recipe book. Scrumptious Salmon Cakes is a recipe I have tweeked over the years based off recipes collected over the years. I enjoy sharing recipes so families can find healthy meals that are easy to make and tasty to eat.***