EASY MEAL MONDAY- CHICKEN POT PIE CUPCAKES!
This recipe is a lot of fun! Who doesn’t like cupcakes for dinner?!?
1 Cup Cooked Chicken (Diced)
1 ½ Cups Frozen Mixed Peas & Carots
1 Can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
1 Package of Refrigerated Biscuit’s
1 Garlic Clove
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook chicken on stove with olive oil, minced garlic and seasoning. If you need to save time you can buy pre-cooked chicken or even make your chicken in the crock pot while you are running errands or at work. Dice chicken into small pieces.
- Combine the following ingredients in medium sized bowl; vegetables, chicken and soup, and mix well.
- Next, using your fingers or even rolling pin press biscuits into 5-6 inch round circles. Place one round biscuit circle into greased regular-size muffin cups. Firmly press the biscuit in the bottom and up the sides of the muffin tin, forming a 1-inch rim.
- Spoon chicken mixture into each muffin and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes on 375°F or until biscuits are golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes than remove from pan.
What works for one family doesn’t always work for all. In our house I only make one meal and encourage our kids try new foods. However, I will adjust recipes for the kids such as keeping items separated or with less seasoning. For this meal I kept the chicken, veggies, cheese and biscuit separated for my son who doesn’t like his food touching.
For more great recipes visit: https://theplayfulparent.org/category/recipes/
Inspired by: www.pillsbury.com/recipes